Every month, Pokémon GO hosts a day dedicated to a single Pokémon. Sometimes they are fan favorites like Cyndiquill and Bidoof. Other times, they’re dedicated to the easily overlooked Pokémon like Abra. And this month, thanks to the community themselves, it’s something well known and still overlooked: Weedle!
Niantic recently reintroduced community voting for the official Pokémon GO community day. And in that list was the underwhelming worm Pokémon from the first generation. Despite being one of the least impressive Pokémon there is, it managed to win the voting poll! Here are the details.
The event will take place on Saturday, June 20 from 11 AM to 5 PM local time.
- During this time, Weedle will appear more frequently in the wild, with increased chances of a shiny Weedle appearing as well.
- If you evolve a Kakuna during the event (or within two hours afterward) into a Beedrill, it will know the rare attack Drill Run.
- Something special happens if you take “a few snapshots” during the event. They didn’t reveal what, though.
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase June Community Day bundle, featuring an Elite Charged TM, 30 Ultra Balls, 3 Star Pieces, and 3 Incense.
- There will be triple Catch Stardust during the event.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Your Buddy Pokémon will bring helpful items during the event.
Additionally, Niantic will be hosting a livestream during the June Community Day. They did the same things previously during the Seedot event and found it to be a success worth bringing back.
Given the current social situation, we ask that players intending to participate are careful and properly practice social distancing measures.