Niantic recently made an announcement regarding some changes that will be taking place to Raid Battles and EX Raid Battles. They have been listening to feedback over the last few months and that these changes are in response to that feedback.
EX Raid Battle Changes:
- EX Raid Battles will most often happen at Gyms found in parks and sponsored locations.
- Trainers with a high-level Gym Badge are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles taking place at that Gym.
- Trainers who have completed a larger number of Raid Battles are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles.
- EX Raid Battle start times now take into account popular Raid Battle times at that Gym.
- Trainers invited to EX Raid Battles will receive an in-game notification if the EX Raid Battle is canceled.
- Trainers will receive Stardust and Premium Raid Passes when an EX Raid Battle is canceled.
Raid Battle changes:
- Trainers will receive Golden Razz Berries for completing Raid Battles.
- The numbers of Potions and Revives awarded to Trainers for completing a Raid Battle will decrease in favor of higher level potions instead.
- The likelihood of receiving Fast and Charged Technical Machines for completing a Tier 3 or higher Raid Battle has increased.
- Trainers will now receive Stardust for participating in a Raid Battle, whether they win or lose.
- Magikarp return to Tier 1 Raid Battles, baby!
They have also stated that they are still giving the timing in which EX Raid Battles take place more consideration, as they wish to choose a time the most ideal for those invited.