Summer may be ending, but it’s not over yet. Before we set up our beach towels for the last time this year, Niantic is hosting Water Festival 2019, a water-themed event in Pokémon GO!
Water Festival was a big hit last year, so the development team is bringing it back again. The event, lasting about a week long, will feature an increased spawn rate for various water-type Pokémon, with extra rewards and field research during that time. Here are the details.
- Start Date: Friday, August 23, 2019, at 1 PM
- End Date: Friday, August 30, 2019, at 1 PM
- Increased spawn rates for Magikarp, Wooper, Wailmer, Wartortle, Poliwhirl, Seaking, Lapras, Qwilfish, Mantine, Lotad, Feebas, Piplup, Buizel, and Finneon.
- Water-type Pokémon are more likely to hatch from eggs.
- More water-type Pokémon will appear in Raids, such as Blastoise, Lapras, and Vaporeon.
- Crabhammer has been added as a charge attack that Kingler and Crawdaunt can learn.
- There is a rare chance that a shiny Carvanha or shiny Barboach will appear.
- On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, from 6 pm to 7 pm local time, you’ll be able to encounter Uxie, Mesprit, or Azelf in five-star raids in their respective regions.
- Water-type Pokémon set as your buddy will require half as much distance to earn candy.
- Double Hatch candy during the event.
The Water Festival 2019 has a little more than your standard array of event perks. If you’re a fan of water-type Pokémon, then this will be a fantastic week to play.