Plenty of folks are excited for the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event. But the excitement doesn’t stop there. After that, Niantic is hosting a follow-up celebration event that goes until the end of the month. Here are the details.
Kanto Celebration Event Times
The event begins at the end of the Tour event. It lasts until Pokémon Day, which takes place at the end of the month.
Start Time: Sunday, February 21, 2021, at 10:00 AM
End Time: Saturday, February 27, 2021, at 8:00 PM
Both times are for your local time.
Kanto Celebration Event Details
There isn’t a great deal out of normal for this event. Various Kanto region Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild, be attracted to incense, hatch from eggs, be found in research, and appear in raids. Some of these Pokémon will also be able to learn special, event only moves when evolved into the next form. Here are the details.
Pokémon more likely to appear in the wild:
These Pokémon will be attracted to Incense:
The following Pokémon will hatch from 5km eggs:
The following Pokémon can be encountered by completing event specific Field Research tasks:
Pokémon Found in Raid Battles
The following Pokémon will be found in the relevant star level raid battles.
- 1 Star Raids: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Magikarp, and Dratini
- 2 Star Raids: Scyther, Pinsir, Machoke, Kadabra, Haunter, Graveler, and Lapras
- 3 Star Raids: Scyther, Pinsir, Machoke, Kadabra, Haunter, Graveler, and Lapras
- Nothing new for 4 Star Raids
- 5 Star Raids: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo
Evolving Pokémon For Special Moves
The following Pokémon, when evolved to their next form, will learn a special move. These moves are more powerful than most other moves they might learn, making them particularly viable for battles. Here are the details.
- Ivysaur evolves into a Venusaur that knowns Frenzy Plant
- Charmeleon evolves into a Charizard that knows Blast Burn
- Wartortle evolves into a Blastoise that knows Hydro Cannon
- Pichu will evolve into a Pikahcu that knows Surf
- Eevee will evolve into (whatever you evolve them into) that knows Last Resort
- Dragonair evolves into a Dragonite that knows Draco Meteor
There will be plenty to do, and only about a week to do it. Good luck trainers!