A new generation is upon us, quite literally. The Sinnoh region of Pokémon has been announced for Pokémon GO!
According to a recent announcement by Liz George, Pokémon GO Global Community Manager, two major updates are happening for the mobile game in preparation for the upcoming Sinnoh region adaption. These changes cover both combat and exploration of the game world.
- Weather effects will be adjusted. In the future, certain weather will cause certain Pokémon to appear less often in the wild.
- A greater variety of Pokémon will appear over time at different rates, even if it’s in the same location.
- Official parks and nature reserves will yield a greater variety of Pokémon species.
- CP values will be adjusted to improve game balance.
- The difference in HP between Pokémon will be less extreme.
- Defense and Stamina are both being rebalanced to allow for fairer combat with high defense Pokémon. More outlasting your opponent, less running the clock. Though many Pokémon are having their defense stat lowered in general.
Stay tuned as we start finding more Pokémon!