So far, Niantic has teamed up with McDonalds, Sprint, and Starbucks. That’s usually a sign that a company is only in it for the money. However, you don’t have to worry about that with Pokemon GO. The latest deal for special gyms and PokeStops is with Project Everyone. The specifics of the agreement are for Pokemon GO to add in gyms and PokeStops to help spread awareness for global issues.
The first site of this agreement is Davos, Switzerland, not to be confused with the single greatest character in Game of Thrones, Davos Seaworth.
Davos is where the World Economic Forum, which hosts a dialog about global problems, calls home. Niantic’s role was to create a new gym and 17 new PokeStops to further the cause. Each PokeStop is numbered and labeled after a serious issue in the world today.
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships for the Goals
It’s nice to see Pokemon GO taking on a good cause. With more initiatives like this, Niantic could make a name for itself in the philanthropy community.