Niantic is going hard next week. The Pokémon GO developers have announced Extraordinary Raid Week, a solid seven days filled to the brim with rare raid opportunities. One of the days will even be dedicated to the water-type Pokémon Lapras.
During this time, one to four-star raids will appear in increased frequency. They will also contain even more rare Pokémon than they usually do. There will also be increased odds of encountering a Shiny Bronzor!
On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, from 6 PM to 7 PM, there will be the standard event bonuses, such as double Raid stardust and XP, and increased raids.
Start and End Times
- Start: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, at 1 PM PDT
- End: Tuesday, May 28, 2019, at 1 PM PDT
- ★: Machop, Slakoth, Shinx, Bronzor
- ★★: Misdreavus, Kirlia, Mawile, Feebas, Clamperl, Bibarel
- ★★★: Alolan Raichu, Chansey, Scyther, Aerodactyl, Floatzel
- ★★★★: Alolan Marowak, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Absol, Metagross
In the middle of the event week, Pokémon GO will be holding Lapras Day! On Saturday, May 25, from 11 AM to 2 PM, Raid battles will be full of the Water-type Pokémon. Participating users will recieve up to five free raid passes from gyms to participate. There will also be increased odds of a Shiny Lapras appearing.
Niantic certainly intends to end the month with a bit of punch. Good luck to everyone who plans on fighting.