Is Pokémon GO your social outlet? Do you love how it helps you meet new people? Great news! After a successful run back in March, Niantic has announced a new Pokémon GO Community Day Meetup event for later in April.
Here are the specifics:
On Saturday, April 23, 2022, from 2 PM to 5 PM, is the Stufful Community Day. But unlike your average community day, this one will include a handful of additional bonuses and incentives for people in specific locations around the world. The idea is that members of the community will meet up in these towns to socialize while playing the popular mobile game.
Select locations will be designated as the meetup location, with things like extra items available when spinning its PokéStop. Here’s the list of United States locations, a full list of international locations can be found on their blog post.
- Phoenix, AZ: Patriots Park – CityScape
- Oakland, CA: Jack London Square
- Washington D.C., DC: The Wharf
- Atlanta, GA: Woodruff Park
- Chicago, IL: Maggie Daley Park
- Indianapolis, IN: White River State Park
- Owensboro, KY: Owensboro Convention Center / Owensboro Sportscenter
- St. Louis, MO: Tower Grove Park
- New York City, NY: South Seaport District
- Houston, TX: Discovery Green
- Dallas, TX: Klyde Warren Park
- Austin, TX: Republic Square Park
- Seattle, WA: Seattle Center
- Jacksonville, FL: Sandlot
- Los Angeles, CA: Grand Park
These locations are not part of the meetup, but will also provide extra items when spinning their PokéStop.
- Austin, TX: Texas Capitol
- Bellevue, WA: Bellevue Downtown Park
- Bloomington, MN: Mall of America
- Boston, MA: Boston Common
- Chicago, IL: Millennium Park
- Honolulu, HI: Ala Moana Regional Park
- Jacksonville, FL: St. Johns Town Center
- Las Vegas, NV: Sunset Park
- Los Angeles, CA: Santa Monica Pier
- Milwaukee, WI: Catalano Square
- Naperville, IL: Downtown Park
- New York City, NY: Bryant Park
- Northridge, CA: California State University, Northridge
- Orlando, FL: Universal Citywalk and Waterford Lakes Town Center
- Sacramento, CA: California State Capitol Park
- San Antonio, TX: Hemisfair Park and Tower of the Americas
- San Diego, CA: Plaza de Panama – Balboa Park
- San Francisco, CA: Golden Gate Park (San Francisco Botanical Garden) and Pier 39
- Sanford, FL: University of Central Florida
- Savannah, GA: Telfair Square
- Stockton, CA: University of the Pacific
- Tucson, AZ: Reid Park and the University of Arizona
Earth Day Charity
Lastly, the event will collaborate with Niantic’s non-profit partner in celebration of Earth Day. For every trainer that walks at least 5km on the Stufful Community day, they will plant a tree (up until an investment value of $100,000). While that’s not exactly a very large sum, given Pokémon GO’s extremely profitably history, it’s still nice to see them putting money towards improving the planet.
Good luck and have fun to anyone planning at participating in these meetups. Be sure to be safe, since COVID is still around. Be vaccinated, wear a mask, and get tested if you think you might be sick. And of course, don’t go if you ARE sick.