This is a lonely time for folks stuck at home. And to further help handle it, Niantic has announced a Buddy Up event for Pokémon GO, promoting more at-home events with your buddy Pokémon.
The developers have been going out of their way lately to make Pokémon GO a viable mobile game, even when limited to stay-at-home orders and social distancing guidelines. One example is the option to purchase a Pokéball/berry bundle for 1 cent. Another is this event, where a variety of new Pokémon, research quests, and rewards will appear around the player.
The event will take place from April 21, 2020, until April 27, 2020.
Special Event Changes
- The previously regional Pokémon Volbeat and Illumise will appear worldwide in the wild and in eggs, with a chance of a shiny.
- Woobat will be introduced to the game for the first time, staying in the wild after the event is over.
- Alolan Meowth, Chansey, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik will appear more frequently in the wild and in eggs.
- A new set of research tasks pertaining to these Pokémon will become available.
- Your Buddy Pokémon will bring you gifts more often.
- Buddy candy rate is halved for the duration of the event.
- Your Buddy Pokémon will get excited more often
This is a weird time for everyone. We hope you all are doing alright and that you can still be the Pokémon trainer you aspire to be.