Good news falls to fans of the Black and White Pokémon games. A new wave of gen 5 Pokémon has been added to Pokémon GO. And with it, comes the ability to evolve Pokémon through trading.
The following Pokémon have been added to Pokémon GO.
Niantic has said that many of these come from Pokémon eggs. Though it’s not clear if they are exclusively from eggs or if they can also be found in the wild.
Some Pokémon will only be found in certain areas.
- Red-Stripe Form Basculin: Eastern hemisphere
- Blue-Striped Form Basculin: Western hemisphere
- Sigilyph: Egypt and Greece
- Maractus: Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, South America
- Throh: North America, South America, Africa
- Sawk: Europe, Asia, Australia.
A classic component of Pokémon games was that certain Pokémon can only be obtained by trading the previous form with someone else. Haunter to Gengar is an example of this feature, a feature that was entirely absent from the mobile game.
In Pokémon GO, you can (Optionally) trade a Pokémon to reduce the cost of evolving them. This is helpful for some types that require as many as 100 candies to evolve otherwise.